“Photographic Imaging Technician”
Length of Course
The photographic imaging technician program is 28 weeks in length.
Program start dates
March and September
Applicants admitted to the program will have Grade 12 or equivalency, with an acceptable level of competence in the use of the English language. Mature admissions may also be considered.
How to apply
Donna, our Career Counsellor is ready to help you and answer any questions you may have. Application forms are available at the college or request an information online.
McKay Career Training is designated for Canada and Saskatchewan student loans and is registered with the provincial government under Saskatchewan Learning. Contact the college for further information. Canada and Saskatchewan Student Loans may be available to qualified students.
School day schedule
Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri – 8:30am to 12:30pm
Thurs – 8:30am to 12:00pm
Lab Times – 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Students are expected to attend a minimum of 90 percent of all classes.
Night classes are not offered for this class however regular lab times are:
Tues,Thurs – 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Job Placement information as it becomes available from industry.
No practicums are provided at this time.
- 35 mm Camera Operations
- Fundamentals of the 35 mm camera
- Aperture and shuttle control
- Lens selection
- Image Capture
- Introduction to the basics of composition
- Variety of lessons on portrait, landscape, and commercial composition
- Discussion of composition and critique
- Black and White Photography
- Theory and practical application of black and white processing
- Printing and the photo chemical process
- Emphasis on the fundamentals of black and white film and paper processing, contact printing, print finishing and presentation techniques
- Introduction to Colour Theory
- Colour theory and digital camera capture will provide a basic knowledge of the technology
- Digital Camera Operations
- Features and study of digital cameras,
- Digital processing and printing
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop CS2
- The Business of Photography
- Discussion on ethics, copyright, privacy legislation as well as Professional
- Photographers associations and publications
- Information on operating a business, business regulations, and business plans
- Gain the tools to change beliefs, habits, and attitudes in order to set higher goals and build a positive self-image
- Job search training prepares graduates for employment readiness